1. Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button at the bottom left of the screen and then clicking Internet Explorer.
2. Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
3. Click the Security tab.
Internet Explorer assigns websites to one of four security zones: Internet, Local intranet, Trusted sites, or Restricted sites. The zone to which a website is assigned determines the security settings used for that site.
There are 5 levels of security setting available for each Internet Explorer security zone, but not all levels are available for all zones:
- Medium-Low (default for Local Intranet)
- Medium (default level for Trusted Sites)
- Medium-High (default for Internet or unclassified sites)
- High (default for Restricted Sites)